There is a firewall on our server that detects failed login attempts, spam attempts, etc., and blocks the offending IP, if appropriate.
IMPORTANT: If you are blocked from our server then either send us an email from a free email service (Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail, etc.) or use our contact form at
to send us an alert about the issue. Please provide your IP address too - use http://www.whatismyip.com to find it out, if needed.
The rules are as follows:
- any 10 (ten) failed login attempts to any of the following applications will result in a temporary ban for 1800 seconds (half an hour) of the originating IP to that specific application, i.e. if you fail to log in via SSH to the server ten times, your IP will be denied access to port 22 (SSH port) only:
- any 10 (ten) cumulative failed login attempts to the same account/application from any number of IPs (at least two) will again result in a temporary ban for 1800 sec of all the offending IPs (say several IPs are bruteforcing an email account via POP3)
- an email alert is sent to our system administrators if:
- a user script sends out more than 100 (one hundred) emails
- the mail queue on the server reaches 2000 (two thousand) emails - both pending and delivery queues are checked
- any suspicious scripts in /tmp or /dev/shm will be disabled, moved to a safe location, and an alert will be sent to our system administrators
Please report any problems/suggestions to email@example.com.